The LC/ACBS held its 2016 annual meeting on October 9th at the Basin Harbor Club in Vergennes, VT. Roughly 50 chapter members enjoyed the company of fellow antique and classic boat enthusiasts, an excellent meal and a venue that all agreed that we would like to use for future events.
Don Swain, outgoing president, led the business portion of the meeting. A copy of the minutes can be viewed by CLICKING HERE.
Select highlights of the meeting:
- Gail Asam was recognized for her four years of devoted service as chapter treasurer.
- Don was thanked for his three years of service as chapter president.
- The minutes of the prior meeting and treasurer’s report were accepted.
- Steve Pond, Boat Show Chair, outlined plans for the 2017 show. The date has not firmed up but we are anticipating the last weekend of July. Stay tuned.
- Keith Gaylord demonstrated the “new” chapter web site (www.lcacbs.com) and John Dupee presented the features and potential benefits of an active Facebook presence.
- Gene Porter gave a robust synopsis of the issues most pressing to the ACBS board. Gene passed along that “national” views our chapter as a model ACBS chapter in many ways.
- Keith Gaylord was awarded the President’s Cup for his work on the web site.
- A new slate of officers and directors were unanimously approved.
- Steve Pond, President
- Mike O'Brien, Vice President
- Rich Butler, Treasurer
- Holly Weber, Secretary
- Directors through 2019:
- Bill Aldrich
- Al Dunham
- Bill Truex
- The Pink Elephant is still looking for an owner…
A huge "Thank You" to George Kurjanowicz for taking some excellent photos!